Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Old Fashioned

Well, I guess given that I am not a part of the Fifty Shades of Grey fan club, I am, in deed, Old Fashioned.  And if that's what it takes to be labeled Old Fashioned, then I'll wear that label proudly. 

I'm not going into a long post about the Fifty Shades and what I think about it.  I am Christian, that is enough reason for me not to even want to see no matter how Old Fashioned that makes me.  Though, I will express this, I'm not surprised at the moral boundaries this movie and book crosses.  I expect that from Hollywood and from someone who has no Christian conviction to write or produce such explicit material.  What does shock me and saddens me even more so, is the women and men who call themselves Christian and can justify why they watch or read this without any guilt or moral judgment. 

As a counter to Fifty Shades there is another movie opening the same day, Valentine Weekend.  It's called Old Fashioned.  It's a chivalrous, old fashioned approach to courting.  And if the truth be known, this is really what people are looking for in relationships.   The website for Old Fashioned is below as "Old Fashioned".  Just click on it and it should take you there. 

Old Fashioned

No comments: