Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Delta Squirrels

Since I like my cabinets painted black so much..I thought I would try it on some squirrels here in the Delta.... Whatcha think?




I know some of y'all are probably wondering why I am blogging about black squirrels. Well, where I am from only 2 hours south of here...there aren't any black squirrels, at least none that I saw. The biggest population of them are a grayish, rat looking color. You don't see those here. They are either black or a reddish color.


The first time I saw the black squirrel, I seriously thought he had been in someone's chimney and was just covered in soot. But then noticed several more and soon realized that was not the case.


Anyway..I thought the black squirrel was blog worthy to show my friends back home a little something different here in the Delta.
Here's looking at you Kid:

2 comments:

the williams said...

all of the squirrels i've seen in cleveland have been brown/gray...i've never seen a black one!!
maybe it's just a greenville thing!

Stephanie said...

Never really thought about the color of squirrels but I don't think I have ever seen a black one.
Interesting?
Great pictures too!