Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, January 21, 2010

At Least It Works!

Well, we found out that our security alarm works...the loud way. Last night, JB set the alarm off at 11:00 pm.

A few seconds later, the security company called to get our password. I didn't hear the conversation as I was in another part of the house trying to calm my nerves while playing my Wii Active. (I know, late to be playing the Wii but that was the only time I had to do it yesterday)

He came to where I was and told me that he had spoken with the security company and it had been taken care of. A few seconds later, my cell phone was ringing. Again, shot my nerves...who would be calling my cell phone this time of night. (your imagination runs wild when unexpected phone calls come that time of night)

JB answered it as I was gasping for breath...both due to my work out and my shot nerves.

JB on the phone: "I just got a call from you on our home phone and gave the password. Oh. (with a surprised, concern look) Well, I think the password is either ****** or *******. "

I knew the password but didn't get the chance to tell the company as they had already hung up. I was like, "Ummmmm, Sweetie, they aren't gonna have an in depth discussion with you on the phone concerning the password and giving multiple chances to get it right. That would defeat the purpose of having a password".

A few minutes later we also found out the police do come when you don't give the right password. We had a brief encounter with the G'ville Police Department.

By this time..I didn't need the workout to increase my heart rate...this episode did more than enough for me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh my! That is too funny. I mean I know it wasn't funny to you at the time. I bet he knows the password now, huh. :)
Reminds me of the time the police showed up at our house when A accidently dialed 911.