Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, November 2, 2009

HalloWeek 2009

The week of Halloween was busy for us. You will notice that the boys are wearing their Roll Tide uniforms again this year. I asked continually what they wanted to be this year...and they both replied..Roll Tide football players. JB was a proud pappa. Plus, I didn't mind not having to put another costume together and we really got our money's worth out of these outfits.


It started the Sunday before at my parent's church's fall festival. We made a very impromptu trip home to enjoy the festivities. The boys played games, ate hotdogs, and collected many festival treats. I think they mostly enjoyed spending the time with their cousins, Abbey and Alex. You will see that most of our Halloween activities include them. Note...BB did dress up as a pirate for this event only. After these festivities, we stayed the night at my parent's. Abbey and Alex came over for awhile. The fun continued with roasting marshmallows in my parent's wood burning stove. I am grateful to JB for understanding my need to go home even for impromptu trips. The boys missed school the next day but he even understood that it will not always be like this. These types of trips help get me through another week and help the adjust to this move.





The Wednesday before, we enjoyed FBC G'ville's fall festival. Again, the boys enjoyed many games, hotdogs, and popcorn. We finished the night with Waffle Cone Wednesday at the local TCBY.

The Friday before, my dad came up to G'ville to look at a couple of houses that might be possibilities. We all then enjoyed a Halloween Party at the boys' school. Unfortunately it rained all day so what would have normally included outside activities had to be cancelled and adapted to indoor fun. The boys and I went home with my dad Friday afternoon. JB came up on Saturday morning. We did most of Christmas shopping all day Saturday.


Saturday evening we took the boys Trick or Treating in a local neighborhood. My sister, Tiffany and her girls joined us also. Again, the boys loved being with their cousins. I have to brag on Alex. She is the best big sister to Abbey and the best big cousin to the boys. She is so patient and loving to them regardless of her older age. Before trick or treating with their cousins, we stopped by Aunt Angie's apartment for some candy. The boys loaded up on their favorite candy.

We came back to G'ville Sunday afternoon after lunch with Aunt Angie. It was busy but fun week and weekend.

This past weekend is 1 of many busy weekends to come. I have recently bought a new camera so hopefully I'll be posting more pics.

No comments: