Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday's = Do-Nut Days!


One of the perks to living in G'ville is having Shipley's Do-Nuts. So those that know me best, know this is a good thing for me. I LOVE Do-Nuts. And Shipley's is my all time favorite with Krispy Kreme being my least favorite. When I was at Mississippi College and when we used lived in Raymond, I enjoyed Shipley's in Clinton. I've heard rumors that this Shipley's in G'ville is supposed to serve the best Do-Nuts of all Shipley's. Now, why that is, I don't know.
I am making a tradition out of Shipleys. Every Friday, the boys and I will go after I pick them up from school and enjoy our favorite Shipley Do-Nuts. I've been instructed by BB to bring Sutffins on these days b/c he likes Do-Nuts too. They even have small cartons of chocolate milk (BB) and strawberry milk (CB). This is the only time CB will drink his strawberry milk cold unlike his daily dose in the morning that has to be heated for 50 seconds in order for him to drink it.




I typically vary in my options. I enjoy the do-nut holes, a cinnamon twists, or a bear claw along with a small carton of chocolate milk. I just can't pass up a good Do-Nut no matter what diet I am on.
It's definitely not in an upscale building that would make one think these do-nuts were made by some famous french pastry chef nor was it built to meet certain codes or to impress passer-by's. It's just an old fashion do-nut shop. But you know the old fashion adds to the nostalgia of the experience. Besides, it's not the building that makes them taste so good.
As usual, the boys asked this morning..."What day is today?" "It's Friday." "Is today Do-Nut day?" And as excited as they are to hear "YES", I am just as excited to answer "YES!"

1 comment:

awc said...

Shipley's is my FAVORITE too!!! Their was one in Starkville and RDC would pick some up on the way to my apartment every Sunday morning and we would eat them before church!!! Eat some for me next Friday!!! :)