Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, September 18, 2009

Today

Today was "Grandparent's Day" at the boys' school. Since none of the grandparents could make it, I went to represent. I didn't know about it til the day before. We were gone last week so we were behind on school events. The grandparents were invited to eat do-nuts with their grandchildren and then watched the children perform a few songs in the fellowship hall. (I haven't posted about their school yet, but it is to come).

There were some grandparents sitting behind me that kept commenting on my boys. "They are so cute and well behaved. I think they are "So and So's" grandchildren. I can't believe they are not here to see them. And I don't see their mother either. I guess she went back to work. But they would have told me. I'll just have to call her when we get home and tell her that we saw her grandchildren perform today. I obviously need to catch up with her anyway." I didn't even turn around and tell them any differently. I just sat there and tried to keep from laughing. I would have loved to hear that phone conversation. (word gets around in a small-small town)

Took the boys to get haircuts at "The Butcher Shop". Yes, you read right. I thought JB was kidding or had it confused when he told me that's what was recommended. Not exactly what I would name a place for haircuts, but they boys loved it. Oh, and BB got his haircut by Edward...I didn't ask if his last name was scissorhands. The owner's little dog, Buzz, runs around. It at least kept their minds occupied as their hair was getting "butchered".

Came home and monogrammed a bib. Organized 5 orders to be mailed.

Baked cookies for Ms JoAnn. She's the only employee at the post office I use to mail all my orders. The boys love to go to see her and she loves to see them. She's a grandmother...that explains why.

Went to Office Max to pick up some envelopes for orders to be mailed.

Made it to the post office to mail orders and deliver cookies by 4:00.

Until next time,

2 comments:

MASpell said...

Bless you!!! I hope you are doing well...someone gave me a new piece of pottery from a place in Arcola(Red Leaf Pottery). I think that is close to you?? Maybe you should check it out and buy yourself something!!! Love you!

K Storm said...

I don't know what I would have done if I heard that conversation...I probably wouldn't have been able to contain laughs.