Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Poor, Bob

I got this email the other day. It's 1 of several that I get. Some stating that I've won the lottery, some stating that I have some long-lost relative in Africa that has left me money and in order to receive it I need to send them listed information.

However, I thought this was a little different. I've never received one with this specific request. But I sure hate it for Bob. If he's expecting me to bail him out, he'll be spending the rest of his life in the UK.

Sorry, Bob...you better start making some friends over there and I just couldn't keep this a secret like you requested. In fact, this may help. Maybe someone will recognize who you are and help you...but that someone will not be me.

"How are you doing; How's work on your end? This has had to come in a hurry and it has left me in a devastating state. I am in some terrible situation right now and I'm really going to need your urgent help. I am presently stranded in the UK.!!! Unannounced, I came to London for an international conference but unfortunately for me i got robbed in the Hotel . I booked in and they made away with my Luggage (which included my cash, diaries,credit card & some other valuables). I didn't bring my cellphone here since I did not get to roam it before coming over. I am so confused right now because i don't know what to do or where to go, So all I can do now is pay cash and get out of here quickly. I do not want to make a scene of this which is why I did not call the office or my house,this is embarrassing enough. Please I want you to lend me a sum of $2000, just to clear my Hotel bills and get the next plane home. The Embassy only cleared me of my traveling documents and ticketing since I came in as a tourist and not on official purpose. I shall have your money reimbursed immediately on my return. Looking forward to positive response. Please keep things quiet for now. I NEED YOUR HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks,
Bob M.

You know, this situation sounds like one that our politicians find themselves in.

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Yes, that is a new one...I get tons of these from Nigeria but haven't gotten that one yet.

meurrier said...

i just saw a segment on this exact email scam on the today show today! People are actually falling for it and sending thousands of dollars. Crazy, huh?