Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

4th Birthday







I know, it's been a few weeks since we had their 4th birthday party. But time just has not allowed for much for blogging.

First, I want to thank our sweet friends, Christy and Jeremy for taking the pics you see. They were so sweet to be the "photographer" for me. I appreciate them using their photo skills so that I may have memories worth keeping.

The boys spent the day with the JB and his parents and sister. They went to a local park and then his parents took them to Chuck E Cheese.
I spent the day preparing for the party. This year I reserved the pool at a local Courthouse Raquet Club. We enjoyed swimming, hot dogs and fellowship. When I asked them what kind of party they wanted, of course, each had their own idea. CB wanted a racin' car while BB wanted a pirate party. So in effort to corperate both themes I used plates, napkins and cupcake decor from each theme.

Unlike the years in the past, I decided to give picture frames instead of a monogrammed party favors. I wanted their friends to have something to keep longer for memories just in case this was their last party back home.



I say every year that I am going to be a better planner. But it didn't happen this year. In fact, this year was the worst. The menu changed as I was in the grocery store prepared to buy what I thought was going to be the menu. The frames were purchased the night before and then decorated the day of.
But all in all, they children had a good time and I doubt hardly noticed the lack of planning or scattered planning, I should say.
Thanks to my parents for helping me plan this day for the boys and to their special friends for taking time out of their busy schedule to celebrate their birthday.
See you later,
HB




2 comments:

K Storm said...

It was a fun party...the kids just love getting together and swimming and eating cupcakes! You did a great job.

Stephanie said...

I hate we missed it! AEH would have had a WONDERFUL time!