Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, July 30, 2009

SOLD!

Last Thursday, July 23 at 4:00pm, we officially sold our home. We handed over the keys to a very sweet lady who will be inhibiting our former home.

I cried when we left. That was our first home to buy. We brought our children to that home when they were born. I had many play dates with some of their best friends. Although, there was a lot of remodeling and updating that I wanted to do, it was still a home decorated with love, laughter, tears, smiles, joy, peace and 1 dog.

I could go on and on about my feelings in regards to leaving, but that will have to wait. I get too emotional and really just don't feel like facing those emotions right now. And it's not necessarily leaving that house as much as it is leaving my hometown of 32 years. Do you know that my parents still have the same phone number 32 years later? You don't find that very often.

We trust God to lead us to a home here in Greenville. But for right now, we have decided to stay in the apartment for a few months. We don't want to rush any decision due to desperation or ignorance.

Until next time, HB

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So glad the sale went great. I am still selfishly wishing none of this had to happen, though. :)