Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, April 3, 2017

Rambling Reviews from a Reader...Commonwealth

I did not like this book. It's along the lines of a soap opera family saga..affairs, drama, self centered parents and over indulgent drinking. There are about 17 characters making it a little difficult to keep up with them.

Upon finishing the book, I don't have a clear understanding of the purpose of this book. The ending didn't even seem to bring it all together.

There is unnecessary use of strong language. (I'm not advocating that it should be acceptable in all books, by my convictions) but the use in this book had no bearing of the circumstances or setting. This kind of use is a turn off to me. I'm more understanding if the author is trying to make the situation more realistic but that's just not the case in this book.

It was written okay but the story just kind of dragged on with no seeming purpose. But there's always the possibility that I just missed it all together.
2.5 stars rounded to 3.

No comments: