Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, March 17, 2017

Baseball Season Begins

Tournament baseball...I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I love that CB gets to play. I love to watch him improve and play a sport he loves. I love the parents on his team. I love that his coaches are truly there to coach these kids into better players, not to make a name for themselves or for their own kid. I love his fellow teammates. These fellow sportsmen exhibit the same class, sportsmanship and gratitude of their parents...they make their parents proud. And ...I certainly love the lessons CB is learning in both the failures and successes.

I love seeing friends from former teams or friends on other teams who also make this game an enjoyment. There are some parents who are doing it right...keep on my friends...you help keep the sport family friendly.




What I hate is that many parents allow this sport to bring out the worst in them. Some coaches can't seem to keep a realistic perspective of why the game is played and who is playing the game. Some players think they are the next MLB MVP as much as their parents do and it's exhibited in their cocky/hot-headed attitudes (not to be confused with confidence). Although, this weekend's tournament didn't present any of the negative behaviors I just mentioned, the season is young.
And I hate just as much when the ladies' bathrooms run out of toilet paper and baking in the sun when mother nature turns the thermostat to "southern heat/hell degrees"

No comments: