Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Language Farts

Yes, that is what I hear my boys from another room calling their Language Arts lessons..

"Ugh, I hate Language Farts!"

My boys could go the rest of their life without another LA lesson. This is the one subject I worry about the most because it will follow them their whole life in the way they write, speak and read.

I honestly think they learn more when I gently correct them when speaking and writing than when they do tons of worksheets. Not that some worksheet reinforcement isn't needed.

I breathed a slight sigh of relief when my son leaned over to me and quietly corrected the speaker's grammar.... "Momma, he should have said 'my wife and I', not me and my wife."

I took a few moments and thanked God for that small affirmation that they are "getting it."

No comments: