Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, May 22, 2015

A Fresh Bed

One of our most recent projects here at our home was to overhaul our front flower bed.  If you recall a previous blog post about the wasp, you will understand why our bed needed an overhaul.  It had become an over grown, wasp hoarding jungle.  So it was either overhauling it or putting up a sign "Welcome to the Jungle"...the latter would just be a mere attempt to justify the mess it had become. 

It took us using my dad's truck to pull up the juniper, Indian Hawthorn, boxwoods and lorpetlum.  We had to attach a chain from the truck to the bush and pull it out.  Any other way would have most likely resulted in broken bones, including our backs. 

After ridding the bed of all bushes...we now have a cleaner bed with dwarf gardenias, drift roses, fireworks and cotton candy grasses, variegated monkey grass and Shasta daisies.  We left my knockout roses that were Mother's Day gifts for the past years. 

I even tackled a Pinterest project you will see.  I spray painted flowerpots and then painted our address on them.  The wooden wagon they sit on, is a treasure I found several years ago on the side of road as someone's trash.

I have since enjoyed sitting and rocking on my front porch.  A simple pleasure I couldn't enjoy due to the invasion of wasps and the overwhelming view of jungle.


Before "Welcome to the Jungle"
Before "Wasp Haven"
After


after

After

No comments: