Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Waspaggedon

Every spring, our front yard flower bed is invaded by wasp.  Our flower bed is nothing but bushes and juniper.  Wasp love to nest all up in that stuff.  Hopefully this time next year, we will have remedied this problem with new landscaping.  But until then, I've been trying to control the wasp population.  I would like enjoy sitting on our front porch without a swarm of wasp flying around as if a division of the Air Force protecting the country's border.

A friend told me about the wasp traps you see below.  I have thoroughly enjoyed watching wasp become trapped and die.  Violent, maybe but I loathe this little spawns of satan. 

I have 2 traps.  You will see a pic below of 23 wasp emptied from just 1 trap.  As of now, the time writing this blog, I still haven't been able to empty the other trap.  There are still about 3 wasp that aren't yet dead.  I will empty it when all are dead, refill it with fresh concoction. However, I quit counting around 30 in that trap. 

1. Our front flower bed is nothing but bushes and juniper. Wasp nest all up in that stuff. And we hope to redo our beds soon to prevent this invasion every spring, summer and fall.
2. There are flies in there, too. But not nearly the amount as wasps.
3. It does not attract honey bees, bumble bees nor carpenter bees.

4. Cocktail that attracts them: 2 oz of water. 1 oz of fruit juice (I've used cranberry and apple cider...both have worked equally well). 1 oz of vinegar (I use Bragg's apple cider vinegar. I used white distilled and had no luck). 4 T sugar
5. I bought these on amazon. They are called Aspectek wasp traps.

6. I have not found them in local retail stores.
7. Have I mentioned how much I HATE wasp.

8. Die, wasp, Die!





No comments: