Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Let's Practice what we Preach

Yeah, it bothers me when yet another group has succeeded in legally getting a nativity removed from a City Hall or Library, not because someone has complained but bc this group makes it their purpose to travel the country and look for opportunities. But you know, I like to fight fire with fire. I have the ability to do something without the help of an attorney or the court system. I'm challenged by such actions from these types of groups to do what I can within my rights and ability. Why aren't those of us, me included, along with private businesses, displaying the nativity in our front yard or place of business? I understand wanting a government who can freely share our Christian convictions...but if that is so important to us as individual citizens, then it needs to start with us. 

We seem to lose all hope when some group comes in and demands that a nativity be taken down, when even we haven't one in our own yard. We decorate with lights and all kinds of displays in our front yard, but no effort to display the true reason for the season. I hope to find something this coming year to counteract what groups are doing...I hope to display my convictions within the rights I have, rights that no group can infringe.

Until then...

No comments: