Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Au Natural

Several weeks ago I was wondering and searched natural/organic shampoos.  Why, you ask? I was just curious and always looking for something better.  My hair is naturally frizzy with more of a fuzz type texture when it air dries. I've researched the Brazilian Blow Out but deferred when I found out that formaldehyde is used. 

When researching natural shampoo, I read that some of the man made chemicals can actually weigh your hair down and cause build up.  I don't know how much of that is true but I like the idea of natural ingredients. I even thought about buying the ingredients to make my own shampoo but refrained for fear of running a chemistry lab in my parents house.  Instead I bought some natural/organic shampoo at a local whole foods store.  It's pricey but not a single man made ingredient.  But we all know there is a cost to beauty.

I used the shampoo and conditioner for the first time this morning.  My hair was much softer and felt cleaner.  I didn't put any straightening products in my hair but did have to use my straightener.  I'm not gonna say that I love this shampoo just yet. I'm gonna give it more time to see how my hair reacts.

It doesn't lather like commercial shampoos b/c it doesn't contain those lathering ingredients.  It's not thick like commercial shampoo instead very 'runny'.

I also bought some conditioner which is nothing like its commercial counterpart.  It's actually much thicker; more like a paste.

None of this change may not make a difference.  But if it only makes me think I'm better for it...well, that may be worth enough....give the placebo effect the credit it deserves. 

The shampoo and conditioner I am trying can be found here:
  http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ 

Until next time; this is the way we wash our hair, wash our hair, wash our hair...this is the way we wash our hair early in the morning!

No comments: