Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, June 4, 2010

Delta Traffic





While I have certainly missed my hometown and the amenities it offers, I haven't missed the traffic there especially during "rush" hours. It wouldn't be uncommon for it take 20 minutes to go only 5 miles. A few times, people here ask me about the traffic back home. Apparently it's something that is highly noticed when they visit the "hills" of my hometown area. I just tell them that it's something you deal with and it just comes with the territory of living there.
Here in the Delta, there is traffic but it is quite different than back home. As you can see in the above pictures...the traffic here is overtaken by farm equipment that resemble the likes of Transformers. I don't know what any of those are except the tractor but they can take up the whole road. They are usually nice enough to pull over and let you pass on by...that, too, is different than where I am from; no pulling over for faster traffic in the city.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How funny! It's amazing how different the culture can be just 3 hours away.

T!ff@ny said...

Now that is way too funny! I would take that over Lakeland Drive any day!