Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New Season


We have entered a new season in our family...school season that is. Well, such as it is at age 3.


The boys started to St. Matthew's pre-school "program" today. It's more than a MMO but not as extensive as an actual school day. They will be going for 3 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays with the option of lunch bunch. Although it's only 3 hours, it will give me some time to do errands that are easier done without 3 year old toddlers. I will also have a little more time to devote to monogramming and cleaning this house.


They don't allow the parents to walk the children to their room. Instead, we drop them off in car pool while teachers walk them to their rooms. A little intimidating even for me but my little boys were brave men this morning. They went to the unknown with no tears. I had already told them that Mommy would not be taking them to their room in hopes that some preparation would eliminate some of the uncertainty.


Pappaw and I picked them up and they came out with smiles. After loading them up and off to home, I asked about their day with little response.


They said that they played in the gym and road bikes. CB said that he wanted to go back while BB said that "he wanted to go back later, not just yet".


I asked if they got in any trouble. BB shook his head no while CB nodded his head yes. I asked if he got put in time out to which he replied with a yes nod. I asked BB if CB was put in timeout and he too said yes. But the story as to why seems to change and grow bigger. BB even told me at one time CB got a "panking". When I asked who spanked CB, he replied "me".


So I don't think there was any timeout and I know for certain there were no "pankings".


The boys held hands when walking into school. I got a quick picture. Sorry for the poor quality. It was so humid that my lens fogged up and with hurried mammas waiting on me to get my car out of the way, I just couldn't take the time to get a better one.


Until next time, HB

3 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

I'm glad they did so well! Rileigh said she had fun too. We'll see if Thursday goes as smoothly as today!

Anonymous said...

Look at those big boys!!!

Anonymous said...

priceless what else can be said